JOIN THE GAME
The USS Excelsior is a Forum-Based Roleplaying Game (PbF RPG)
Join Via TF 38 Site
- NOTICE: The "Send Communication" button at the bottom of this form is shot. We don't know why Tripod did this to us, but we're looking for other hosting options. Please fill out this application in a standard text editor (such as Microsoft Word) and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. I will now proceed to fire off an angry letter to the people at Tripod.
- Please be aware that this Role Play Game is played via FORUM, and you will be required to create a free account on the forum to play.
- You may want to look at the general rules and read some of the earlier postings. If you can abide by these standards--and there's really no way you wouldn't have that
ability--then continue with the application. This is mentioned because regularly disruptive players will be removed from the game, and we'd rather just not go there.
- Only original characters will be accepted. If you copy an existing character from Star Trek, there is a high likelihood your application will be rejected. You
may include biographical links to existing characters if you wish; however, unique characters are recommended.
- RULE 1 - You must be 13 years of age or older to join.
- RULE 2 - You must include an e-mail address. We can NOT contact you regarding the game without one.
- RULE 3 - DO NOT apply for this game unless you are genuinely interested in playing this RPG.
- RULE 4 - DO NOT apply for this game if you have 5 characters already in Bravofleet.
- RULE 5 - DO NOT apply for this game if you are listed on the banned players list, listed it the JAG site.
- RULE 6 - Characters are important. This application is important. The commanding officer will use this application to decide your initial rank. The better and more detailed
your application, the better your initial ranking in the game, roster permitting.
- RULE 7 - DO NOT assign yourself a rank in your profile. The commanding officer will place you within the ranking stucture of the ship.
- RULE 8 - Please DO NOT submit multiple simultaneous applications. Only one character per player per game is allowed. If you do not receive a reply within a few days,
please feel free to re-submit a character as it is possible a technical fault will have occurred.
- RULE 9 - You may be asked to redo your application if it does not meet basic standards for completeness and readability. [i]Excelsior[/i] is a very successful simm, and we will
not accept players who do not demonstrate that they can and will contribute to our game's writing. That said, all of us in the senior staff came from outside BF with little simming
experience, and we firmly believe that Anybody Can Write. So don't let this rule scare you; do let it motivate you.
- RULE 10 - We are now evaluating characters based partly on their perceived degree of "Mary Sue" qualities. Ross Taben of Bravo Fleet put together an excellent self-test based off of Ivy Blossom's original. You can access our version of it here. While we do give an enormous of leeway based on good writing, we don't generally accept strong Mary Sue characters without good reason.